Trying to keep cool this summer!
Try your freezer!
Bag a small hand towel, scarf or pillow case. Place in the freezer for 1 hour. Take to the beach, on the road or by your keep by your bedside. Keep a small spray bottle filled with ice water and mist during the day.
Protect your hair and scalp. Use regular 25 SPF sunblock, spritz our hair and scalp. Protects
against sun damage and discoloration.
Just Grazing ! Big, potein-laden meals force your body to stoke its metabolic fires. The solution is to break up your eating into smaller, more frequent meals. You'll feel cooler!
This month on Madison Blog : Believe or not we found 131 uses for vinegar! Below is a list of favorites. Wait for a sale and stock up!
1)Vinegar can help to dissolve mineral deposits that collect in automatic drip coffee makers. Fill the reservoir with vinegar and run it through a brewing cycle. Rinse thoroughly with water when the cycle is finished.
2) Clean the dishwasher by running a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a month to reduce soap and iron build up on the inner mechanisms.
3) Freshen up washing machine. Once a month pour one cup of vinegar into an empty washing machine and run the machine through normal cycle.
4) Relieve mosquito bite itching . Dab cotton ball soaked with straight vinegar and apply to bite.
5) Removes warts: Apply daily to warts until they dissolve. Remove warts by applying a lotion of half cider vinegar and half glycerin. Found in drug stores
6) Corrosion may be removed from showerhead or faucets by soaking them in diluted distilled vinegar over night. Another way would be to saturate a terry cloth towel in vinegar and wrap it around the shower head or faucet
7) Illiminate weeds and grass on walk and driveways . Pour full strength on unwanted grass.
8) Freshen cut flowers. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar for each quart of water..
9) Deter ants and insects: Spray vinegar around door and window frames.
10) Relieve cough by mixing one - half apple cider vinegar, one half cup of water, one teaspoon cayenne pepper and four teaspoons of honey. Take one tablespoon when cough acts up.
11) Treat sinus infections and chest colds: add 1/4 cup or more of vinegar to the vaporizer.
12) Clean stainless steel. by wiping with a vinegar dampened cloth.
Don't forget your camera! Remember the end of the summer
shots of white sand and gray drift wood along the sand dunes.
The lighting is wonderful this time of the year season..
Try the sand against a blue sky with kites flying in the air. Send us your favorites and we will post them next month!
Enjoy the rest of your summer !